A Love Story


THEY ARE ENGAGED

We are all so excited, thrilled, and looking forward to a beautiful wedding! We have been waiting for this day for a long time. We knew Curt was the one when he gave it back to Uncle Mark one Christmas. Not to many young men will even attempt that!


I am so excited to be able to tell you

Their Love Story...

(our comments are in green, Katelyn's version in italics)

Curt and Katelyn met during Katelyn's freshman year at MARSHALL UNIVERSITY. Mark and I met at Marshall my freshman year, blind date Curt was a junior at Marshall at the time. Both Katelyn and Curt attended BCM...Baptist Campus Ministries. Jery Losh, the campus minister who we also know from doing youth ministries and Camp Cowen while in Huntington asked the students to go around the room and meet three new people and then to find out about their favorite TV show. According to Katelyn, Curt sought her out first. Haven't heard his side of the story yet. Come to find out Everybody Loves Raymond was something they had in common. That just happens to be one of our favorites also. I'm guessing it must have been love at first site because for the next two weeks they were inseparable. Then that faithful night, October 15, 2005, after BCM, it became official...they became 'an item'.

Katie Bug, (as we affectionately call her), has never been one to get really dirty or go camping, or be outdoorsy in the least...as far back as I can remember. But since meeting and dating Curt, we have seen another side to her. She has camped, been backpacking and even fishing! They even served on two mission trips. The first in March 2006 in Mississippi after Katrina and then again in Nicaragua in 2008.

Here are Katelyn's words about how they got engaged.....

On Saturday, we went for a walk on the Greenbrier River Trail. His plan was for me to pick the spot where he would ask me to marry him without me knowing it. He asked, "Where do you want to walk?" I said the Trail. When we got there he said, "Do you want to go left or right?" I said lets go right and headed to the Golden Hole. This is a place where we swim and fish over the summer. she actually swims and fishs here We skipped rocks, goofed around, and enjoyed the fall day. He began his proposal by asking, "Do you think you could be with me forever?" I said yes. correct answer He said I meant the world to him and I said he was everything to me. I turned around to look at the river and I heard him bend down. I looked back and he was on his knee. He simply asked, "Will you marry me?" I said yes and we hugged. nice job on the ring I must admit that as I said yes I felt so stupid because I had a scarf wrapped around my head like a maid (don't ask me why).Wish we had a shot of that outfit! Before we were acting goofy and he knew when to be serious and I did not. I asked him why he didn't take down the scarf on me for my sake and he said, "Well you looked cute like that" now just how sweet is that? To make this more comical, immediately after a hunter and his dog approached us from no where and wouldn't leave us alone. He never knew we were just engaged! We headed back to his house and his mom made us a candle lit dinner.

We are so excited for you both. I guess that means that Emmy won't be getting Old Faithful yet again this year....

Comments

The Oakes said…
just can't wait to see what the rest of their story will hold!
Jan said…
Jan, really cool story. My daughter in NC, says her life if just like "Everybody Loves Raymond", in a bad way. Poor kid.
Anonymous said…
Thank you guys for supporting Curt and I as we start this journey together! So far June 27th is the big day :)
Jay said…
How lovely! Congratulations to them both (which I'll share in person next time I see them...).
alex :) said…
haha i totally thought of emmy and old faithful when curt and katelyn got engaged...poor emmy!
Anonymous said…
I could not be more excited for them!!!! She is going to be the most beautiful bride!!! About old faithful, Mam and i had a little talk about that the other day, does K get it this year becaue she is engaged and next because she got married? My gosh I am FINALLY graduating college adn she shows me up thanks!!! Ia m gonna bring my own box this year!

Popular Posts