'Field Trip' For Allyson

I got a call early this morning from my gardening buddy, Betsy, saying that her Dad and brother were on their way over to finally see the progress on the backyard. They wanted me to come and I wanted to be there so I packed the little one up and headed for Mt. Washington. Since I live on the other side of China from Betsy, it took us a little while to get there. Allyson was a trooper. The picture doesn't show her laughing at Dewey or cooing at Betsy but I promise she did. Here are the Original River Rats....Me, William, Betsy , her Dad and Dewey. Thank heavens Richard was home to keep and eye on Allyson while he was snapping this great shot. It was in my email even before I got home. Thanks, Richard! See the bathtub...that was the tub Betsy used to bathe in when she was a little girl. I was tickled to see everyone. And I think they really like the way the backyard is turning out. Betsy and Dewey have been tweaking it a little since I haven't been able to come once a week.
perilla from my backyard neighbor
Betsy made a sign for the bath tub flower bed...Leroy's Landing (That's her Dad's name)
If I am not mistaken, this is her future herb garden complete with an old chair from Donna.
I have been wanting to see the newest bed of iris. Betsy is so excited about this bed. It is filled with iris, some bulbs from Papaw, a Rose-of-Sharon, a butterfly bush and a tree when bought at Marvin's Organic Gardens. Now all we need to find is some cool stuff for interest. It never fails...I always leave with more than I came with. Today I had a basket (a gift from Donna) full of goodies...some whole grain loaves of bread, two brown eggs from Betsy's Dad's hens and a rose clipping from her front Knockout Rosebush. I left a few magazines with some pages turned over to things that I thought she might be interested in. You just never know what will happen at Dewey and Betsy's.

Comments

Popular Posts