Tuesday...Work Day

I was still cleaning up and burning all the debris from the storm. The kids were back in school. On the way to the bus stop I saw a Duke Energy truck. I clapped and waved. Those guys are getting a bad wrap. Our city sent crews to TX to help out. I heard that they recalled them and that other states NC And SC were here helping get us up and running. Those crews have worked hard a long to get our electric on as soon as they could. I also found out that with each line that is down and repaired...the men have to "walk the lines" by foot and check each wire. John found little men walking in the backyard and several people said that they were knocking on doors at all hours of the night asking for permission to enter the property.

About now I am getting a little concerned that Michael will not have clothes to wear. The electric has now been restored to a couple thousand customers. We are still without. So during the day we are still cleaning and burning. Pooped by the time night falls. But it is such a good tired.

One neighbor has dubbed me the "Neighborhood Look-Out". I am her all day and now more than ever I guess I keep track of what is going on. I get calls to check on the electricity Is it back on yet?...Where can I find ice?...Can I come home yet?...Can you see my dogs? And then they all check on me to see if I need to do laundry, need a more comfortable place to give Michael his breathing treatment, did we need anything from the store.....have I told you how much I love my neighbors?

Seems this saga will never end...

Comments

Popular Posts