Fall-O-Ween at Coney

Yesterday we were up bright and early and headed to Emmy's in route to Coney and the Fall-O-Ween Celebration. We were so ready...jackets because it was cooler and they were calling for rain. lunch before hand so we didn't have to pay two prices, tickets at a discount price, $5 for parking ready to hand out the window...we were so ready. So ready that w hen I went to take a picture of Michael at the gates...no battery in the camera. It was still at home in the charger getting ready for the day. Oh, well another senior moment. Good thing my phone has a camera...the pictures aren't that great but they will document the day. I forgot to mention that you could wear your costume and go trick-or-treating around the park. We were shocked that Michael wanted to do that. So we waited while he changed into his clothes in the way back in the van, what else but...his pirate outfit. He was so excited and wanted to do it all. First up was the airplanes. He wanted to be the pilot but this little boy got in before he could get the front seat. I was proud...he didn't put up a fit and jumped right in the second seat. He and this little boy hit it off perfectly. They laughed and laughed and yelled at the top of their lungs. Off to the races he went. Straight to the line for the helicopters. He road this with another little boy. When it comes to things like this, he doesn't know a stranger. Any other time you can't get him to utter a single word. That is so crazy. He wanted this little boy to ride the next ride with him. No luck. But he and Emmy rode the 'pirate ship'. Actually it was that viking ship that you sit in and it goes back and forth while swinging higher and higher. A few times I thought I saw him gag. After he got off the ride he RAN to the big trash can...stuck his head in the opening about down to his chest and gagged. Nothing, thank heavens. Guess it was just butterflies. Thank heavens, because I don't do so good with that kind of stuff. Off to the ferris wheel. I am amazed that he wants to do all of this. I am so thankful that Emmy was there to ride all the rides. He was glued to her hip. He was just a little concerned about how high they were going to be. But he did it and waved at me all the way around every time around. We then did paddle boats on the lake, go some candy, some popcorn, checked out a few more rides. We all rode the merry-go-round. The only other ride I rode were the dodge em cars. That was a riot...he drove, most of the time we were going backwards into the rest of the traffic. All day he talked about riding the roller coaster. So our last ride...the roller coaster. Emmy and Michael stood in line which seemed like forever. First time around he looked a little nervous. Second time around Emmy had her arms around him. He could not get off that ride quick enough. No pictures of the face...let me just say that it wasn't pretty.

He says that he will be back next year but he has definately "x-ed the roller coaster off the list.'

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am not only proud of him for riding all those rides and facing his fears, but I can tell you that I HATE any type of ride and sometimes I think I was more scared then he was, but if he wanted to try it I was not about to let him not do it only because he did not have someone to ride with all in all it was not too bad, but DO NOT think that I am going to Kings Island anytime soon!!!!

Popular Posts