Anniversary Number 33


It all started, Friday night, September 8th, 1972. I had graduated from high school in June of that year. About the second week into my freshman year at Marshall, I was set up on a blind date, by a friend I had known since elementary. Mark was in his second year at Marshall. And the rest is history...I thought you might enjoy some of the wedding shots...no laughing please.
The bridesmaids dresses looked like rainbow sherbet. My sister was the maid-of-honor and Mark's brother was best man. The ushers were childhood friend of Mark's. My bridesmaids were sorority sisters. One of the ministers was Mark's cousin.
Ahhh, the grandparents. That's my Nanny in the front with her little bun and purse. She is my Mom's Mom. Then there is my handsome PopPaw. That is the one and only time I ever saw him in a suit. And MomMaw with her short skirt. They are my Dad's parents. On Mark's side is his grandmother, Mamaw.
And the favorite, the parents picture. Look how young they all are. They clean up pretty good!
The flower girl and ring bearer are now both married and have kids. We hear from soome of the wedding party about once a year. From a blind date to where we are today...it has been and amazing adventure and I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything.
Happy Anniversay, Mark. Love you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
well I am going to start with WOW!!! First in the grand parents pic, that looks just like peepaw and Judy. Wow dad look at all that hair, that is all I can say about that and you look just like Cassie!
The Oakes said…
happy aniversary! im with emmynonymous, they look just like peep and aunt judy!
Anonymous said…
Dead on Peep. I love the picture of the parents I want a copy of it. I didnt know meem had jet black hair. Must have been before Linda the hairdressers time. Happy Aniversary hope you have a good one and many more to come.
Anonymous said…
Happy Aniversary Mark and Jan!!! It is a blessing to see a wonderful couple celebrate a marrage that is surrounded by God's love and the love they have for each other and for others. Thank you for your example to others! I miss you a lot!!! Lisa Reid
leigh ann said…
(emmynonymous, are you just now noticing cassie's your mom made over?)
happy anniversary jan and bubba. i just LOVE LOVE LOVE you. thanks for staying together after that blind date. even once you found out what bubba was REALLY like. =) you have meant so much to me these past how many years...25? is that right? can't be..
Anonymous said…
AS I LOOKED AT THE PICTURES I WAS REMINDED OF THE PAST AND LOOKED AN THE WALL AND SAW BOTH OF OUR DAUGHETRS AND THOUGHT OF OF WHAT YOUR MOTHER WOULD THINK OF WHAT WE HAVE TODAY TWO WONDERFUL FAIMLES SEVEN GAAND CHILDREN AND TWO GREAT GRAND CHILDREN ----HOW LUCKY WE ARE

HAPPY ANIVERSARY
Miss Yvonne said…
Happy anniversary. You had long hair and Mark had hair, wow.
Sherry said…
I really enjoyed the pictures. I remember the day well. How our lives have changed. Congratulations!

Popular Posts