What Do You Do on a Snow Day?

There was one day of school this week. We have had all kinds of weather and the forecast doesn't look any better for the weekend. Just wanted to share what we do when the weather shuts everything down. Mainly we have been trying to keep warm. I have discovered that I can quilt all day in the laundry room...only taking time out for a potty break here and there. Food...who needs it when those creative juices are flowing out my fingers and into the sewing machine. This is the most attractive picture...I had a really bad headache the night before and took a mega hot shower and wet to bed with a wet head. So I just decided that I would wear a hat to keep my head warm. And I learned that the pressure around the hat helped the headache. Medical miracle. I have almost finished the quilt top. Next we have to figure out the proper way to assemble the quilt frame so I can quilt it. That should be interesting. Speaking of the we here...Mark comes in from work and goes straight to the computer to finish up his days work. I think he might be secretly drawing out landscape plans for the spring. He really has spring fever. I am surprised that he isn't out in the backyard with some spray paint trying to lay everything out. You will either find him on this computer or down in his chair in the family room on the lap top. Every once in awhile he will call for me to come and look at what he has found. He is going to be the death of me! Sarah is pretty low maintenance on snow days...she sleeps to who knows when, the changes positions to the couch or Mark's chair in the family room. I have noticed that she is particular to this quilt. It is the warmest, biggest and heaviest one that we have. (and, yes, I made that one). Between Reba, Reba, and more Reba...the phone...snacking...she gets all of her chores done. Right at this minute she is cleaning her room and bathroom. Tomorrow night 7 girls are coming here to have dinner, get ready for a dance and then a sleep over, so we have to start today to get it all done...remember I have been quilting all week so nothing much else has gotten accomplished. And while I am quilting Michael is in the room next to the laundry room doing his thing. He will come in and announce that he has something that he wants me to see or play with him with. Yesterday was a banner day. A steam roller that actually can be rolled around the room and the planet Saturn. I don't know where it comes from either. His easel is right next to the sewing machine, so we talk while he is painting. Yesterday he painted hearts for all of his friends. Now he wants to mail them at the Post Office not our mailbox. Be sure to check back I am sure we will have lots of pictures of the girls.

Comments

Miss Yvonne said…
Oh to have a snow day without a gazillion kids running around. You must be really enjoying the quite relaxation of quilting (yeah right) and not having to drive sarah to school. How many days will she have to make up?!? I have started another new thing. Along with knitting, I kearned how to crotchet last night. Now while I'm watching the kids play, I pick up needles or a hook and have at it. Of course, the little ones like to help...
The Oakes said…
now you just need to teach him how to make you a new hat!

Popular Posts