Play Dates..Big and Small

This week has been a week of friends...this is Alex, one of Michael's friends from preschool. Alex loves trains too. So you can guess what they did all afternoon.This is our friend, Logan. He is a sweetie. Michael had his very first friend sleepover with Logan a few weeks ago. When I went to pick him up, Michael cried and didn't want to go home. The boys are already planning another sleepover...at our house this time.
I fixed lunch for the boys and called them to the table. Well, that lasted for about two seconds. Alex never ate a bite. Logan ate most of his lunch. Then those two headed back to the basement and the trains. Michael had the whole table to himself. He couldn't figure out why they didn't want to eat lunch.
Betsy came back to sew today. We worked from 9:30AM to a little after 4PM. I just kept giving her pinned pieces to sew. She sewed and I pressed open seams and pinned some more. Miss Yvonne's used to do that for me when I was trying to hurry to get quilt finished. Sure is a whole lot more fun and things go a lot quicker doing it that way. Just so Betsy would know what to do the next time she is going to make a quilt...I made sure that she has some hands-on experience. We both decided that an iron burn on your finger tips is worse than a hot glue gun burn. As you can see, we are in my spacious and very up-to-date sewing/laundry room. Who cares what it looks like...everything is at your fingertips and the best ...it is warm.And here it is...Betsy's (Fred's) finished t-shirt quilt top. I love it. And I think Fred is not going to believe it when he sees it. I don't know if Betsy is going to be able to wait to give it to him for graduation. She seems so proud. Now all we have to do it put the quilt sandwich together and quilt it. All that will start on Monday morning at 9:30AM. Maybe by the end of the day we will have a completed quilt for her to take home to bind. Not only are we have fun quilting and catching up on each other's families...we got to have leftovers for lunch with Betsy's homemade granola for dessert. She even brought two recipes. Betsy has a heart as big as Texas, a true down to earth friend if there ever was one. Can't wait for Monday...I'd better figure out that new way to join the bindings before she comes back!

Popular Posts