Getting Ready For Lucky Number Seven!
I love this T-shirt. It keeps popping up on FB for me. Maybe I should break down and buy the shirt!
I started on August 1st by DEEP-cleaning everything in the schoolroom from top to bottom! It took two days! It's been a while since deep-cleaning has happened.
I changed the floor plan just a bit.
And surprise! Someone has been checking out my Wammyville Preschool Wishlist on Amazon. I love a good surprise, and I am so thankful for the giver, whoever it may be. My one wish is that I would love to know the angel who sent these much-needed items so I could thank them. So, whoever, know that I appreciate your gift and am feeling the love!
And a few days later, this shows up on the front porch! Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!
Wammyville had gained two working angels. Ms. Carolyn and Ms. Opal took my vision a step further...these table and chairs needed a little spruce-up.
On the absolute hottest day of the year, they came to sand, wipe down, and paint parts of the table and chairs.
I saw this book on IG and thought what fun it would be to have a class pet that doesn't need to be cleaned or fed and was always swimming upright. I ordered the book, and now we are off to the races. I have a little something, something, up my sleeve for a little later in the school year.
The table and chair project morphed into also painting the top of the long bench.
We have to wait to put the finishing touches on the table, which will be so awesome. Can't wait to do it and post pics. I think Ms. Opal came up with the idea. It is going to be awesome!
And then there are the poor gray table and chairs. I thought they needed a little sprucing up, too. I chose to use some spray paint...big mistake.
Ms. Carolyn wasn't happy with the chairs, so bright and early one morning she came over with her box full of supplies. She travels with a box with paint, paint thinner, special brushes, rags... seriously, she does!
Pappy is not only the Pappy to us all but he is the principal of the Preschool and our baby whisperer. He is also a helper. I didn't think the paint job I did would pass Ms. Carolyn and Ms. Opal's inspection, so I asked him to sand it off for me. I dug through all the gray paint that we had and found the one that I thought would work. I even found a new paintbrush.
Everything has been tweaked. All the surfaces have a spit shine.
Our Preschool playlist has been made with the help of Ava. 'The Wall' is more than put together. Their mailboxes have mail. Their 'desks' are ready to be filled with school supplies.
ONE MORE SLEEP!
(We might have two small projects we haven't finished, but we will get them done as soon as Amazon shows up!)
Comments