Out Of The Office And Into The Hammock
I have chosen jsut a few of the shots we gathered during the week. If I downloaded all of them for the blog, you would be looking and reading until the wee house. So these are the highlights.
A house on a quiet lake and a few fishing poles...that's my kind of fun.
Every chance I could, I parked myself on that little dock with a fishing pole.
Mark found us a beautiful spot. It could not have been better. Just saying that I am ranking this up with the pink house at Holden Beach.
The dock or the hammock it was hard to choose some days.
Alaire and Ellis fixed breakfast one morning. Cinnamon rolls on the flat top. Cinnamon pancakes!
I'm just glad it was Ellis in the hammock when it decided to give up the ghost. Not to worry, have a few more to choose from. I love a good hammock. No one was hurt in the collapse.
I think Ellis caught the fishing bug this year. We fished the bank above and below our cabin just about every day.
The dinner assembly line for Cassie's famous crunch wraps.
Crunch wrap cooking master.
Walk-About strawberry cheesecakes...delish!
fog
The hillbilly's hike the cave.
New hiking poles, old hiking hat.
Alaire announced to everyone that we had found the old man in the cave!
He's always loved being on top of the rocks.
We found the BEST little general store that had the creamiest soft serve ice cream. We may have visited more than a few times.
Cassie had us work for our dinner.
An evening paddle.
Trevor made sure that we enjoyed a campfire every night.
A very competitive game of SKYJO.
I had to snag Alaire's hammock while she was still counting sheep.
There he goes again.
This is our version of float fishing.
Ellis and Alaire took turns swimming across the lake. Alaire swam over, and Ellis swam back. Each took turns on the escort boat. Safety first.
sunset
I caught a soft-shelled turtle.
Ellis actually caught this little fish and then turned around and used it for bait.
Who needed to get dressed to find a coffee shop in the mornings. Not us! We had our own barista. This morning I could decide if I wanted hot or cold coffee, so Trevor made me one of each. DELISH!
And there was even more out on the flat top.
Alaire and I worked on watercolors.
The water babies.
We rented a houseboat and strolled around the lake and did a little fishing along the way.
I spotted an eagle!
And some swans.
Oh no...another stop!
This is the smoke in the middle of the afternoon during the fires in Canada.
Alaire caught a perch.
Need I say more?
I was a little nervous about all of this but had to see how far up he had come. I am hugging onto that tree as hard as I can!
We stopped for lunch on the way home before we went our separate ways. Not sure when we will see Ellis and Alaire again. Ellis is off to Timberline back in Colorado, and Alaire will soon be on her way to Costa Rica for a year.
My heart is full. My head is cleared, well sorta. I really needed that!













Comments