The Day The Lights Went Out On Eagle Ridge

 

There were several trees over the lines in John and Renee's yard.

One is still hanging there.

I saw smoke and we had a wire in the backyard.  I called Duke Energy and a firetruck showed up within 10 minutes.  All this happened around 2;30pm on Friday.

I got out the candles and camping lanterns.  We made lots of lemonade.  The yahoos didn't seem to care one bit.

The neighbors across the street lots a few limbs.

The 'boys' came to the rescue.  They helped move the refrigerator so we could hook up to Mr. Bill's generator.



Let's just say that I was a little bit embarrassed because there was so much dirt under the fridge.

I got as much as I could.

A live wire stretched the width of the backyard.



Then I noticed the huge pine tree on our backside neighbor's house.

We had extension cords from our house to Mr. Bill's.  We had the fridge, Mark's CPAP machine, and a phone charger on the extension cord.  Thank heavens we have neighbors that think to take care of us.  When Bill had the whole house generator put in he put a spot in for us.

Comments

Popular Posts